We are currently seeking a full-time Independent Living Specialist. This position will office in Linn County with regular travel to: Jones, Cedar, Iowa and Johnson Counties. While this is primarily a M-F position, occasional nights and weekends may be required due to special events.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working with people, be self-directed, work with diverse populations, have knowledge of community resources, and have proficient computer skills. Reliable transportation is a must, as this position requires some local travel.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology (or related) and one year work experience with individuals with disabilities
- Required: Associate’s Degree and 2 years professional experience in non-profit social service programs (or 4 years professional experience in healthcare, social services, etc)
- Manages with a high level of integrity and teamwork.
- Commitment to the values of inclusion and self-determination.
- In keeping with the mission of the A2I, it’s preferred that the Independent Living Specialist have personal experience with disability.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ACCESS 2 INDEPENDENCE
- Generous PTO package that includes an extended Christmas holiday break.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Great work environment: we are a supportive and friendly group that values teamwork and collaboration.
- Knowing that, every day, you make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
Direct experience with disability-related issues, whether personal or professional is strongly desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by February 21st, 2018.