Access 2 Independence is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring staff members reflecting the great diversity of our community. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Access 2 Independence (A2I) seeks both a part-time Independent Living Specialist (ILS) in Iowa City and full-time Independent Living/Transition Specialist in Cedar Rapids to join our dynamic team! As an ILS you will work alongside persons with disabilities by supporting disability advocacy, conducting community outreach, connecting with community resources, and working collaboratively with individuals to identify and overcome barriers to independence. A2I provides these services in a non-residential setting. These are hybrid-remote positions.
Access 2 Independence is an Independent Living Center. We assist people with disabilities to attain the highest degree of independence and self-reliance possible.
Independent Living Specialists provide the following services and more:
- Information and referral
- Independent living skills training
- Personal and systems advocacy
- Peer support, and
- Transition services to youth and adults
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Performing comprehensive consumer interviews to establish goals for independent living
- Maintaining accurate and timely consumer records
- Preparing reports and completing agency paperwork within established deadlines
- Conducting intake and assessments for individuals interested in transitioning from a qualifying facility to an integrated community setting
- Coordinating consumer transitions by researching service options and working with consumers to make determination about and securing service providers
- Working with consumers to obtain housing, household items, daily living and durable medical goods.
- Conducting community outreach and education activities
- Promoting interagency collaboration to improve service delivery systems for people with disabilities
- Travel throughout designated service area to meet with consumers and other stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in Social Services or a Human Services or related field of study (related experience may be substituted).
- Personal experience with disability strongly preferred.
- Experience with computers is necessary for this position (experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google suite are a plus).
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision is mandatory for this position.
- Must have own transportation. You should be able to travel safely within the eight counties of the service area when necessary.
To apply, please email your Resume, Cover Letter and list of 3 professional references to: email@example.com