Access 2 Independence offers employment services for individuals with disabilities to find and maintain competitive, integrated employment.
Consumers work with our Employment Specialist to reach their employment goals through the following services:
- Career counseling
- Job search skills (applications, resumes, interviews)
- Job shadowing with an employer
- Workplace skill-building (communication, workplace etiquette, building and maintaining professional relationships)
- Transportation training to navigate local transportation options to work
- Job performance support
- Navigating workplace issues (disability disclosure, requesting accommodations, advocacy)
To be eligible for these services, consumers must be referred by their counselor at Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services or reach out for Supported Employment Job Coaching through their waiver CCO option.
Please contact Katrina Hochstetler for more information regarding Access 2 Independence’s Supported Employment Services.
Office: (319) 338-3870
Cell: (319) 541-4712